|Font Size: | Contact Us |
The Energy Solutions Centre is a branch of the Yukon Government's Department of Energy, Mines and Resources. The mandate of the branch is to encourage improvements in energy efficiency and the adoption of more forms of renewable energy. To accomplish this mandate, the branch participates in the design of energy policies, and delivers energy programs and projects that enhance the environmental, economic and social sustainability of the territory. Our clients consist of Yukon citizens, other government departments, First Nations, municipalities and businesses.
Our services include:
• Delivering market transformation programs, such as those that provide technical information and financial rebates to encourage Yukoners to use the most energy efficient household appliances and heating systems;
• Conducting research projects to determine the best opportunities for improvements in energy efficiency and the adoption of more forms of renewable energy;
• Providing training courses to build local technical capacity to provide market-based sales, installation and service support for more efficient technologies and processes;
• Participating in outreach and public education initiatives that provide opportunities for Yukoners to learn about the health, safety, economic and environmental benefits of energy efficiency and renewable energy; and
• Working cooperatively with agencies such as Natural Resources Canada and other Federal, Territorial, First Nation, Provincial and Municipal government organizations to deliver energy programs to Yukoners.